POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Mechsim Problems 2 : Mechsim Problems 2 Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  Mechsim Problems 2
From: Andrew
Date: 2 Feb 2003 19:40:35
Message: <3e3dba83@news.povray.org>
This further demonstrates the problem I've been having with the
dominoes.  Note that the sphere is moving fairly rapidly when it hits
the first domino, faster (I think) than the dominoes further down the
line that go through each other.

I've included the full scene this time, and hopefully it's close enough
to the minimal case.  It should be fairly close in structure to the
tutorial code, as that was what I was working from.

Am I simply using too low a step_count?  I increased it 10-fold from the
last animation posted, but then I have no real experience of what makes
good settings here.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Dominoes2.m1v.mpg' (686 KB) Download 'mechtest.pov.txt' (3 KB)